In case you missed it, here's the video where I design and build the joystick prototype https://youtu.be/a7xwfldgOGo
Now that the bad weather is gone we managed to get out and the day and wind was perfect for testing the joystick prototype. Medium/strong and pretty steady, so quite good for the Seed.
I started by stetting up the bag weight and attaching the pulleys and wing. Launched it just as is to make sure everything was working.
Then I set up the joystick itself, at the correct distance and ran the control lines to the brakes and A's.
After a few problems with geometry and mostly crappy pulleys it was up and working and I couldn't believe it! Really happy to have been able to turn an idea into a working prototype and I'm already thinking about how to make it better, learn more and use it as a stepping stone for bigger projects :)
Support our work on Patreon