I wanted to participate in the Maker Faire cosplay prop contest. So as soon as I recieved the email I started taking screenshot of the gun in game so that I can use them as reference images later.
I then spent a few days modeling this in Fusion 360.
Final 3D model from Fusion 360.
I printed all the parts, glued the subassemblies together and started to sand, prime, sand and paint the pieces.
I then painted it using an airbrush and added some cut adhesive vinyl for details.
I started by taking screenshots with my phone of the gun in Game. I used the folowing images
I then used fusion 360 to model this in 3d and was able to produce this 3d model
I modeled it as close as I could and took some liberties as not every aspect could be seen from the screengrabs.
I then started the long process of printing all the parts, 28 in total. It was approx 150 hours of printing.
Some of the first parts printed.
To save time while I was still printing some pieces i continues the process on others.
The next steps is glueing some of the parts together.
In this part I also added wood putty to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately I also found out later wood putty is horrible for wet sanding as the putty will dissolve in water even after its fully dry.
I covered the parts in XTC3D a product by smoothon to help in covering print lines.
It makes then shiny and smooth but not perfectly even.
I then sanded the parts with 220 grit and then 400 grit and applied primer.
First parts painted
Updated picture after some glueups, Clear Coat, and some vinyl decals.
I used my older DaVinci Pro fitted with a laser attachment to cut the vinyl.
At this point I realised the back cover of the middle body was modeled incorrectly so I wen back to 3D modeling that part, printing, covered in XTC3D, sanded, primed, sanded again, painted, and clear coat.
Here is the completed prop.